In the unfortunate event of a loss, it is important to gather all pertinent information and report the claim in a timely manner. If you are unsure about whether or not to file a claim, contact us. We are happy to walk you through the process and discuss your options. Most importantly, in the event of a loss do what you can to stop the loss from continuing to prevent further damage.
In the unfortunate event of a loss, it is important to follow these guidelines in order to gather all pertinent information and report the claim in a timely manner.
- Stop the loss from continuing. For example, if water is overflowing, turn the water off. If there is a fire, use an extinguisher to help stop the fire and contact the fire department immediately. If there is damage to the roof and water is blowing in, get a tarp and cover any damaged areas. Covered losses will typically reimburse for the cost of items used to prevent additional damage.
- Take a few photos to document the loss, and take some notes if possible.
- Determine if you think the cost to repair or replace the damage is more than your deductible.
- If you determine that you would like to file a claim, complete the Loss Form and submit to email@example.com email address or fax to 251.923.4464. A member of our team will contact you upon receipt and advise if any additional information is required to file the claim. Our team will submit the claim documentation and any evidence, and an adjuster will be assigned. We will provide you with a contact name for the adjuster assigned to your case.
- The adjuster will contact you directly and make a determination.
Remember to contact us should you ever have questions about your claim. And be sure to read our Tips for Mitigating Claims below for information about how to avoid a loss in the future.
File a Claim
To file a claim, please complete the form below with at least one current phone number. An SSIA representative will contact you as soon as possible.